Friday, September 16, 2011

Making Your Escape

Everyone needs to get away sometimes, be it literally or figuratively. 
We escape into a good book, music, sports... But sometimes you need to escape to an actual place. My retreats are usually neighborhood coffee shops and bookstores. There are some great ones here in Kansas City thankfully.

However, the place I envision when I need to really clear my head is 4532 miles from here. It is a place I have visited many times over the years. After each visit I leave inspired and refreshed. It is usually good for at least 10,000 words of creative writing. 

That place is a famous, if small, bookstore at 37 rue de la BĂ»cherie on the Left Bank in Paris. 
The wonderful Shakespeare and Company

Since most people, myself included, can't just drop in on a Friday, here are a few photos for a virtual escape.  
Enjoy... and remember 
"Be Not Inhospitable to Strangers Lest They be Angels in Disguise"  



 





No comments:

Post a Comment