Friday, May 3, 2013

What the World Eats In a Week

A very interesting photo project that captures families in various parts of the world surrounded by the food they consume in a week.

The first time I viewed them, I was struck by the difference in the volume of food.
Then I began to notice the types of foods. Some have dramatically more processed foods than others.
Some are almost entirely prepackaged foods.

After stepping away and coming back to these images I began to notice how many of the foods are American brands. Also how much packaging is contained in one week of food for a family.

It reminds me that when we work in consumer packaged goods and food innovation, we need to remind our clients of the role they play in not just selling food, but being responsible in how they make, package and deliver food.

No comments:

Post a Comment